We represent victims or their families in cases of abuse or neglect by hospitals, doctors, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home health agencies and other care providers.
- The Elder Abuse and Dependent Adult Civil Protection Act (EADACPA) protects elders (persons at least 65 years old) and dependent adults from such mistreatment by encouraging lawyers to sue on their behalf.
- Before EADACPA, wrongdoers often avoided responsibility for their acts by stonewalling claims until elderly victims passed away, at which point such lawsuits lost most of their value. EADACPA eliminated this loophole, and holds bad actors responsible even for those who die as a result of very bad care.
Know the signs. Examples of injuries that could be indicative of Elder Abuse/ Neglect are:
- Malnutrition and/or dehydration
- Bed Sores (Pressure Ulcers)
- Infections/ Sepsis
- Cuts, bruises, or other unexplained marks on the body.